The Turban Shop
The "Kids Kara" is made of steel and come in extra small sizes perfect for your newborns and children up to the age of 5 years.
Our Mission at The Turban Shop is to make it enable Sikhs living outside of India to live their Sikhi Lifestyle inside and out.
A huge part of achieving this mission is ensuring that we can provide you with the best quality products and services to help you cultivate your Sikh Identity, at the click of a button.
This is why we are introducing our brand new Kara product line and we hope you love them as much as we do!
Do you ship overseas?
- Yes, we ship all over the world. Shipping costs will apply, and will be added at checkout. We run discounts and promotions all year, so stay tuned for exclusive deals.
How long will it take to get my order?
- It depends on where you are. Orders processed here will take 5-7 business days to arrive. Overseas deliveries can take anywhere from 7-16 days. Delivery details will be provided in your confirmation email.
If you order stitching for your turbans, expect an additional 2 days for delivery.
What shipping carriers do you use?
- We use all major carriers, and local courier partners. You’ll be asked to select a delivery method during checkout.
Can I return my product?
- We always aim to make sure our customers love our products, but if you do need to return an order, we’re happy to help. Just email us directly and we’ll take you through the process.
What is the difference between Full Voile, Mal Mal (F-74) material?
Sourced from only the highest quality mills in Northern India, our Full Voile turbans are our premium quality turbans and are made of 100% cotton. This material is comfortable to wear and soft to touch. It is lightly woven and is thin - the full voile turban is perfect for any occasion and can be worn all year round.
Mal Mal (F-74):
Similarly to Full Voile, these turbans are of high quality, sourced from the finest mills in Northern India. The Mal Mal is thinner and lighter than the Full Voile material and is perfect for tying Damala Dastaars. The material is thin, comfortable, soft to touch and can be worn all year round.
What length of turban should I tie?
- Although this is dependent on the style of turban and head size, the standard length of turban is 5-7 metres.
How do I wash and prepare my turbans for use?
- It is recommended that you wash your turbans before first use. You may follow these steps as a general guide:
- Hand wash the turbans individually in cool waterUse the recommended amount of premium washing detergent
- Soak the turbans in the water for 10-15 minutes before drying
- A few key points to note:
- Never wash your turbans together
- Never dry your turbans together in a tumble dryer
- Do not use bleach when washing
- We do not offer refunds on turbans if they have already been washed
- We offer either the standard, no stitching option, or the centre stitching for double paghs. The centre stitching will have an additional per/m cost and it will be twice the width of a normal turban. For example, if you purchase a 6m double stitched turban, it will be cut and stitched in the centre to be 3m long and twice the width.
How are the turbans priced?
- The displayed pricing and quantities are all PER METRE. For example, a 1m turban may cost $5.99. If you would like to by a 6m turban, you would need to purchase 6x of the 1m turban.
How do I buy turbans in 0.1m increments?
- If you would like to purchase a turban that is, say, 5.3m, you would need to order 6m worth of material (round up to the nearest metre). After placing the order, within 24 hours, please send us an email specifying the exact measurements you want and we will cut the turban to those measurements.
How do I buy two of the same turban (material & colour)?
- If you would like to purchase, say, 2x 5m Black full-voile turbans, place an order for 10m of Black full-voile. Within 24 hours, please send us an email specifying that you would like this cut into two separate turbans of 5m and we will make the adjustments accordingly.
Any other questions?
- You can contact us through our contact page! We will be happy to assist you.